We all know what an embossing folder is: a way to add touchable texture to a stamping project. But what is a hybrid embossing folder? Hybrid embossing is a step up from using an embossing folder. Let’s look at the latest Stampin’ Up! Hybrid Embossing Folder, the Ringed with Nature Hybrid Embossing Folder.
Ringed With Nature Bundle
The Ringed with Nature stamp set is one of those multi options sets. In other words: it’s great for a variety of seasons and occasions. It has a lot of images for all four seasons and the sentiments also work for many cards. The stamp set and the Hybrid Embossing folder come as a bundle (save 10% when you purchase the bundle) and you CAN buy them separately.
Here’s how the Ringed with Nature Hybrid Embossing Folder works:
Cut and Emboss at one Time
It contains an embossing folder and dies to use with it. The dies fit into the embossing images in the folder so that you can run it thru the Stampin‘ Cut & Emboss machine and emboss the texture while you cut the image.
Emboss Only or Cut Only
You can use the embossing folder WITHOUT the dies and get an embossed look only. The dies may also be used WITHOUT the embossing folder to cut out separate elements for your project. See examples of both of these on this card.
You can also stamp, cut, and layer pieces of the rings with outer bark design and inner wood design to show a slice of tree. Of course, you’re not REALLY cutting bark and wood, just paper representations of them! But they look very realistic.
There are additional dies to cut an acorn, berries, small wood branches (logs?), leaves, and the split centers of wood.
FREE Coordinating DSP
Some shapes can be cut from the FREE coordinating Sale-a Bration item, Rings of Love Designer Series Paper (DSP) FREE with a $50 purchase July 1-Aug 31, 2022). Don’t Delay! Sale-a-bration ends soon!
TIP: I laid the individual rings dies on the embossing folder and then labeled the embossing folder and the rings from 1-5 (top to bottom) with a permanent marker so that when I want to cut and emboss single images I can place the die quickly in the proper place.
- Cut a 5-1/2” X 8-1/2” card base from Crumb Cake cardstock. Fold and burnish for a horizontal card base.
- Cut a 3-3/4” X 5” piece of Basic White cardstock
- Cut a 1-3/8” X 5 piece of the Rings of Love DSP. I used the paper with the pattern leaves, flowers, and butterflies.
- Cut and emboss one of the rings with border from Crumb Cake cardstock
- Stamp “Just for You” on a small piece of Basic White using Soft Suede ink.
- Cut and emboss the Basic White piece using the single ring die that fits around your stamped image to cut the ring that matches the outer ring previously cut and embossed.
- Stamp the mushroom stems approximately ¾” from the bottom edge of the Basic White cardstock using Early Espresso and the mushroom tops using Poppy Parade ink.
- Adhere the strip of DSP to the lower edge.
- Tie a piece of the Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim around the front of the card with a knot toward the left side.
- Adhere the white assembled piece to center of the front of the card.
The Fixin’sProduct List
I’d love for you to shop with me! You may visit my store by clicking on any of the links above or the 24/7 Shopping link at the bottom of the page. If your order is less than $150, please help me out by using the Host Code. But, if your order is $150 or more, DON’T use the Host Code because you’ve earned FREE product!
CURRENT HOST CODE: NKGJ7QWA