Do you ever feel like you’ve lost your mojo? You sit down to create and……nothing! Here are a few tips for finding inspiration.
1. Look at the catalog. There are hundreds of beautiful samples in the Stampin’ Up! catalog. Find one you love and switch up the colors and/or stamp set to make it your own.
2. Check out your own stash. Find a card you’ve already made that you really liked and recreate it using different stamps and colors.
3. Look at Pinterest. There are literally thousands of card samples on Pinterest. And, did you know you can search by stamp set name? Find something you like and tweak it to make it your own. If you do decide to copy a design exactly, and you’re posting it online, it’s always nice to give the original creator credit for the design.
4. Keep an inspiration journal. I have a book where I jot down ideas for projects, with a quick drawing of the layout for future use. Then, when I’m stumped, I can refer to that for ideas.
5. Keep a photo journal. Now that everyone has a camera on their phone, it’s so easy to snap a photo of something that inspires you.
When I was at IKEA last weekend, I took a photo of this framed print.
And, here’s the card it inspired.
Is it an exact copy? No! But, that’s the beauty; it doesn’t have to be. The photo was just for inspiration, so it did its job. I created something!
Stamps: Sheltering Tree
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red
Other: Real Red 3/8” Mixed Satin Ribbon (coming in the Holiday Catalog), Basic Black Solid Bakers Twine
The next time you’re stumped, I hope some of these ideas will help you find inspiration.